Weekly Reflection #2

 

This week seems to have gone by a lot quicker than last week, I feel like I barely got anything done! Thinking back on it, I think it only feels that way because I got the majority of the tedious work done last week. This week, I have mainly just been reading “The Water Dancer” by Ta-Nehisi Coates and coming up with discussion questions for each class based on the chapters. Thankfully, this novel is AMAZING and it has been really hard to put it down! I definitely recommend this book to anyone and everyone who has the time to read it. I have been a little stressed this week because I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to finish both “The Water Dancer” and “The Best We Could Do” before the end of Senior Project, but Shauna and I talked and figured there wasn’t really a need to read both novels. That is, as long as I had all of the classes mapped out for each day (which I had already done). I am almost finished with “The Water Dancer” and that will conclude my Project, and then all I have to do is write my reflection paper. One thing that I learned this week is that focus is EVERYTHING when it comes to needing to quickly read a book. It is very easy to get distracted when you’re surrounded by students conversing with their teachers and passing by my little reading chair in the third floor Learning Center. I found that I tend to get more reading done when I am in LC3W with no distractions, and sitting in a comfy chair. I am in a very good place at the moment and I am confident that the material I come out with will be beneficial to Shauna and make things a lot easier to have a complete curriculum for Voices of Color for the fall term. My final goal for my Project is to finish the novel I am currently reading and come with a complete template for what class is going to look like each day based on the assigned reading from the previous assigned reading. I have completed 27 hours this week, which brings my total up to 51 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2: Tuesday, May 11th

Weekly Reflection #1